I’ve been training in Missouri and Texas to prepare myself for a 21-day 1,100-mile journey through Vietnam! 43 more days to get ready!
Posted on April 18, 2016 by Mr. Haertling
Categories: On the Trail, Vietnam | 6 Comments
6 thoughts on “Training”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Stokes Sign Company
Planning for the next ADVENTURE!
Riding the Ring Road around Iceland!June 2, 2018
Biking the Ring Road of Iceland!
From the Trail
- Interested in the D-Day Class?
- Life on Iceland’s Ring Road
- Our Puffin Expedition
- Geothermal Park Hveragerði
- Faxi Waterfall
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- The Pedaling Pioneer visits a library in Selfoss
- Our visit to the Lava Center
- Chasing waterfalls!
- Sólheimajökull glacier
- A local “hot spot”, Geysir
- The Gullfoss waterfall
- The Eurasian Plate
- Geothermal Park Hverasvæðið
- Billy The Bird’s breathtaking views!
- Where’s Brad?
- Traveling to Iceland, in 5 easy steps….
- A “Tale” about a Southern Illinois training ride……
- “Billy the Bird” This Drone is going to Iceland!
- How do you get everything you need to live for 3 weeks on a bike?
Jackson R-2 Foundation
“I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.”
With approximately 1100 miles of road with no shoulder- your prayers are appreciated!
- Volcanic Activity in Iceland
- Whats the weather in Iceland? Click on this link to check it out….
I’m interested to know how you’re gearing up for this trip. I’m guessing MTB, because of the varying terrain, but I’ve heard of folks doing the HCM on steel ‘cross bikes, too. Wheels/tires/tubes make a difference, too. Supposing 26″ is the most universal size to find internationally, does one travel abroad with their beloved 29″ or 27.5″ wheelset? (Do you dare take carbon fiber abroad at all?) Best wishes, Brad, as I (and many) continue to live vicariously through your travel! IHSV
those are great questions that I have wrestled with for weeks and months.
I will post a video in the near future showing/describing all of the gear!
You the man!!! You know your ole bud KK is in your corner.
We will be following…ya crazy arse, you.
Best of luck, God speed and may the “solid tire fairy” be with you.
Best of luck to you!
Brad what fun you are going to have can’t wait to hear more. Good luck and be safe.