The Platte River was a critical part of the Oregon Trail in terms of navigation and fairly flat land to cross, it more importantly acted as a water supply. However, at several points on the Oregon Trail along the Platte River, the emigrants would have to cross the Platte River. Although the Platte was described as “a mile wide and an inch deep”, that wasn’t always the case as seen in the Pedaling Pioneer’s video.
Stokes Sign Company
Planning for the next ADVENTURE!
Biking VietnamJune 2nd, 2016
Biking from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City!
From the Trail
- Tour of Bicycle
- The Sights and Sounds of Ho Chi Minh City (Formerly Saigon)
- Vietnam War and DMZ Tour
- Riding and Resting, Riding and Resting
- Learning Vietnamese? Its not likely….
- You can’t do that Here!
- Other Shopping on Highway One!
- Shopping on Highway One!!!
- Rubber Trees? Yes, thats where rubber comes from!
- Cham Towers? Scootered over to have a look!
- Cham Towers
- Saigon, ho!
- Project: Vietnam
- Zack attack
- Taking care of “business”
- The Road Not Taken
- Where’s Brad?
- The cutest 6th grader ever